I’m attempting to rate and review restaurants that I’ve visited for their vegetarian friendliness. Ratings are 1-5, with 5 being the highest rating and 1 being the worst.
I’ve rated on:
- Vegetarian Friendliness: Breadth and variety of options
- 1: Little to No Options on the Menu
- 2: A limited selection of options. This translates to salads and some appetizers with perhaps a single entree. I’d visit here as the single vegetarian in an omnivorous group, but not if there were any other vegetarians in the group.
- 3: Some options but amenable to substitutions.
- 4: Lots of options straight off the menu or with minor changes.
- 5: Completely or almost completely vegetarian menu.
- If the menu itself is a very small menu but has gone out of it’s way to provide a vegetarian option or two, I will rate that as a 4 because the veg to total option ratio is high.
- Quality of Food: For foodie in me, I also rate how good the food actually tastes. Just because there are many options, doesn’t mean it’s the best and just because there are only a few options, doesn’t mean that what they have isn’t amazing.
- 1: Wouldn’t return or recommend to friends
- 2: I’d go again if others were with me and they wanted to go. If I had a vote in the matter, I’d steer the group away.
- 3: Decent food. No complaints. Generally not excited about going back.
- 4: Really good or very unique. I am happy to recommend and return.
- 5: Impressed. Unique. Everything I tasted tasted MAH-velous! Everything everyone else in my group had tasted MAH-velous.
- Ambiance: Self explanatory.
- 1: Fast-food-like atmosphere.
- 2: Better than a fast-food environment but still has the fluorescent lighting or hard benches associated with quick dining or feels dingy and run down.
- 3: Casual dining restaurant. Nothing that stands out
- 4: Great ambiance. Would return with friends. May even eat here for the ambiance (if the food is mediocre).
- 5: Fine dining experience.
- Overall: Take the 3 scores and divide by 3.
If you have suggestions, please contact me.
Categorized by places and alphabet until I find a better platform:
Washington DC (and surrounding NoVa areas)
Washington DC and Surrounding NoVA areas
More to come…this page will always be a work in progress…